Dear Valued Customers, Friends, and Colleagues,
During this difficult time, we all still need to function as businesses, meeting in smaller groups, or at home with our families. The show must go on... To that end... We are a 100% off-premise, made-to-order caterer meaning we bring the food to you (or you can pick up). We do not have dine-in service or any inside public area, therefore we control our sanitary environment much easier than places who serve the public in-house, such as restaurants. Upon request, we will offer ANY of our corporate drop-off catering menu items in single-serve, individually packaged, grab-and-go containers with individual packaged eating utensils. This reduces handling tongs and serving spoons associated with buffet-style service. ($1.00 additional per person to cover the container and additional labor for packaging). The items at Fresh Food 2U are of course already available as individual, ready to heat-and-eat meals.
We also do not use third-party delivery services like Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc. which allows us to make sure all of our drivers are Food Safe Certified and abide by our policies for health and sanitation. Moving forward, all of our delivery drivers will put on single-use gloves before setting up your order.
As foodservice industry veterans, we already have firm practices in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. At this time, we are pro-actively taking extra precautions to ensure our workplaces and teams are healthy and hygienic.
Kitchens & Offices:
- Workstations are being washed and disinfected every hour, at minimum.
- Hand washing stations are maintained and accessible to all employees.
- Hand-sanitizing dispensers are available around our facility for easy access for all employees.
- Door knobs, desks, company vehicles, light switches, etc. are all being sanitized regularly.
- Employees are vaccinated.
- Gloves and Masks are worn by our culinary and service staff at events, with strict hand-washing policies maintained.
- Hand sanitizer and additional hand-washing stations are being sent out to every event.
- Clear shields (provided by Avenue) are placed in front of the food between the food and guests. Plates will be staged at the buffet and our staff will plate the food based on each guest's choices, then hand them the plates at the end of the buffet. We prefer to set up buffet service outside. We can bring a tent for the outdoor food service if the weather is questionable.
- Staff periodically get tested for Covid19
- Any employees who tests positive or show symptoms immediately follow current CDC guidelines as appropriate.
- We are regularly reminding all employees of best practices for staying healthy.
- Avenue Catering assumes no responsibility for the legality or illegality of any event. The client shall investigate and determine the legality of any event. Avenue Catering shall perform the contracted work in a manner that complies with its obligations and bears no responsibility in the organizing and planning of the event or inviting of guests. The client shall hold harmless and indemnify Avenue Catering for any disruption of events due to any governor mandate, department of health restriction, or other governmental order. The client assumes the risk of COVID-19 transmission and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Avenue Catering from any liability linked to a possible spread of COVID-19.
We will be adapting and combining these practices with new precautions suggested by the CDC and the state health department as the safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority.
Thank you from the entire team at Avenue Catering and Fresh Food 2U.
Stay healthy and safe
Lisa J. Case and Miles-Kevin Baron